AS YOU ENJOY YOUR WEIGHT LOSS, LET THESE POINTS GUIDE YOU…
AVOID ALCOHOL AND SMOKING COMPULSORILY FOR 2 YEARS FROM DATE OF SURGERY
- PLEASE ADHERE TO THE DIET PROVIDED TO YOU BY OUR NUTRITIONIST: Basically it is a fluid diet for 15days followed by 15days semisolid diet. After a month you are allowed to take solid food. If you have any doubts as to what to eat/drink at any point please contact our dietician.
- TOTALLY AVOID CARBONATED DRINKS (SODA, PEPSI, COKE ETC): These contain carbon dioxide which can dialate the stomach and even rupture it.
- EXERCISE IS ESSENTIAL, BUT ONLY AFTER 1 MONTH OF SURGERY: Exercise will help you reduce 20% more weight. Our physiotherapist will guide you in this regard
- As the surgery takes effect you will tend to lose weight at about 8 to 12 kg per month for the first 3 months and gradually tapers down. So it is essential that after 30 to 45 days you start exercising in full earnest.
- As your weight decreases your dependency on medicine, especially, for Diabetes and Hypertension will decrease. So keep checking your blood sugar and BP every 3 days and report to your doctor if you feel tired.
- PLEASE WEIGH YOURSELF EVERY 30 DAYS (and not more frequently) to see how you are doing. Please report to us your monthly weights, blood sugar & BP, so that we know how you are progressing.
- If you have any doubts at any stage please feel free to contact any one of us